Sexual dysfunction affects men of all ages and is especially common in older men. Sexual dysfunction-related problems include erectile dysfunction, ejaculation disorders, and low sexual desire. These issues can often be overcome by treating the underlying causes. So let’s now understand what the causes of sexual dysfunction are.
What Causes Sexual Dysfunction in Men?
Sexual dysfunction is not only connected to physical but also psychological issues:
Physical causes of sexual dysfunction may include:
- Nerve damage,
- Prescription drugs (antidepressants, high blood pressure medicine),
- Blood vessel disorders (high blood pressure),
- Low testosterone levels,
- Alcoholism and drug abuse.
Psychological causes might include:
- Concern about sexual performance,
- Marital or relationship problems,
- Effects of past sexual trauma,
- Work-related stress and anxiety.
Out of a large number of sexual-health-related problems, there are two that most men struggle with while they age. We’re going to focus on the most common sexual dysfunctions, called Erectile Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation. So, let’s understand what ED (erectile dysfunction) and PE(Premature Ejaculation) are.
Erectile dysfunction is a common sexual dysfunction described as an inability to develop or maintain an erection during sexual performance. It is also related to a range of specific diseases and medical conditions, which can include:
- Heart conditions
- Increased blood pressure
- Anxiety and depression
- Medicine induced ED
- Substance abuse
- Damage to pelvic organs
- Peyronie’s disease
- Lifestyle factors and ED
Not only there’s a clear correlation between diseases and specific medical conditions, but also with lifestyle factors.
As mentioned, ED may also be caused by lifestyle factors such as:
- Being overweight
- Poor diet and exercise
- Inadequate sleep
- Little or no exercise
- Stress and high-pressure environments
Fortunately, ED is treatable nowadays and requires the following process to be treated completely.
- Initial consultation with a men’s health doctor (you’ll speak about your history and any other chronic illnesses for the doctors to understand your case and suggest the needed treatment)
- Testing and prescription: this is the most important part of the process, it helps to uncover the underlying cause and put together the best possible customized treatment plan.
- The last step of the process is the treatment and monitoring at the men’s clinic: for most cases, the first treatment is successful at resolving symptoms quickly and effectively. However, part of the customization process is trialing several options to find the best for individual circumstances.
As the ED, premature ejaculation (PE) is also a type of sexual dysfunction and is described as a time when a man ejaculates too quickly and has trouble controlling their ejaculation time. A man suffering from premature ejaculation lasts less than 2 minutes and has little or no control.
Is premature ejaculation a medical condition or not?
Premature ejaculation is a highly sensitive medical condition that with a great probability can lead to secondary symptoms and psychological problems such as distress, embarrassment, anxiety, and depression.
So, what causes Premature Ejaculation ?!
Biological causes of premature ejaculation can include:
- abnormal hormone or neurotransmitter levels
- inherited traits
- unusual reflex activity
- certain thyroid problems
- depression and anxiety
- relationship problems
There are two types of premature ejaculation;
- Lifelong premature ejaculation occurs from the very first sexual trial.
- Acquired premature ejaculation develops later in life often due to emotional or medical conditions.
As the ED, PE is also treatable. The treatment process is the same as it is for ED, as it includes:
- Initial Consultation,
- Testing and treatment plan
- Treatment and monitoring.
However, there are several treatment options, which differ according to the type of premature ejaculation, the cause, seriousness level, and also your personal preferences.
It’s Time to Contact Experienced Doctors!
As you already know your case, it’s time to contact experienced professionals. So, if you’re suffering from ED or PE, you should give your preference to Vityl Men’s Health Clinic. Why? Because they offer;
- Several effective treatment options,
- 100% secure and confidential,
- Not only face-to-face but also virtual consultations.
- Affordable treatment sessions.
Sexual dysfunction issues aren’t the type of problems that can be handled on your own. On the contrary, the majority of the cases need serious medical intervention and treatment. That’s why you should hurry up to apply to the Vityl Men’s Clinic and overcome your problem ASAP!